Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cafe Rio Pork (crockpot)

I got this from a friend who got it from a friend. We liked it, but I needed a bigger crockpot for the size of roast my husband bought. and maybe I will mix it in a bowl and then pour it over the pork. either way it is really yummy. The rice was really yummy to, so I added it for you.

Cafe Rio Pork (for salad or burrito)
2 lb pork roast
2 cans tomato sauce
2 tsp pressed garlic clove
1 1/2 c br sugar
2 tsp cumin
2 cups Root beer
2 tbsp molasses
1/4 tsp salt/ppr to taste
Put all in crock pot and cook overnight/ shred to use

Lime Rice
2 tbsp butter
1 1/4 c rice
2 1/4 c chicken broth
3/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
juice and zest of 2 sm limes
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp cumin
In skillet melt butter with rice, add liquid and other ingrediants. bring to boil, reduce heat. cover w lid and cook for 20 minutes

No comments: