Monday, September 22, 2008

my goals

It has been even longer since i posted here. I guess I stepped off the weight loss wagon for awhile. But it is such a needed thing for me that I hopped back on. It is over whelming to me because I have a goal to lose about 65 more pounds. I can't seem to get my butt out of bed at 6 am, and if I don't exercise at that time, it doesn't happen. So I decided to just start again by walking to and from school and that is going to have to be good for now. I want to make that a habit, and then still try to get up early to run. Eventually Logan will learn how to ride his bike and we will ride to school. I am really looking forward to that. I am going to need your help-someone has to read this occasionally right? besides myself, so I plan to be accountable to you, and blog everyday, or almost every day. I need encouragement and whatever else you think I need that day. I wanted to join curves- to have someone to be accountable to, and to get that strength training in, but its just not going to work. So I am going to work on it myself.
So today I walked to the school and back, and I am going to head out again to walk as soon as it is time to get Logan from Kindergarten. I will post my food later. I am going to try and stick to the Weight Watchers Plan. I know it, so I just need to get back on. Thanks for listening to my rambling.
I am back to add a little more. Today's eating was okay. It wasn't great, but it is better than it has been.I had a lot of veggies, not enough of milk, or grains. It is a work in progress, right? Walking was good. I figured out that to the school is about .7 of a mile-so probably a mile and a half once you count going into the school and back out, and about an hour and twenty minutes-some walking Logan's speed. I need to set some goals. so my goals are:
1. To make walking a habit
2. To eat healthier, and start counting points again
3. To get more sleep every night (making sure I go to bed earlier)
4. To get my family involved in making healthy choices for all of us
5. Start with losing 10% of my weight
I think this is good for now.
I am trying to remind myself that I am important, that I deserve the time I take to exercise, and that I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to.
thanks for sticking with me this long!

2 comments:

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

Well I am glad that you are back on the wagon!! I read this so you better get your booty up!!!! You will do great!

Christi said...

Opps- so bringing you cookies yesterday wasn't a great idea? hee hee, j/k. I think your walking plan is wonderful. If you walk to & from school every day that's over 4 miles a day of walking. You will see great benefits.